Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Smorgasbord Edition of the Education Buzz Life's A Carnival

Welcome to the Smorgasbord Edition of the Education Buzz--Life's a Carnival, an eclectic smattering of things buzzing about the EduSphere. 

Smorgasbord Edition?  Let me explain. I've spent the better part of the past week or so trying to recover from what I like to refer to as my "Mike Napoli World Series" incident. After seven days, the swelling in my ankle has abated somewhat, and I am now the proud of owner of one fashion-challenged black boot. So, I'm sure you can understand why I haven't felt particularly funny or clever or inspired. Thus, the need for a Smorgasbord Edition. I merely just tossed a bunch of interesting posts.

So here we go…

Darren from Right on the Left Coast writes about  a school district's police department and their questionable policies.

If you were wondering what our educational world will look like in 2030, John Holland over at The Future of Teaching has some ideas. 

David Webb over at Pinky's Page talks about peer mentoring programs. I found the Rover program particularly interesting.

John Hunter at the Curious Cat Science and Engineering Blog has suggestions for encouraging curiosity in kids  while Cheryl Barnard has a list of what makes a great teacher.


If you face a constant barrage of PA announcements at your school, then make sure you check out Mr. Teacher's ideas for curtailing classroom interruptions.

Old Andrew from Scenes From the Battleground has an interesting take on inspiration and whether it's good to be an "inspirational teacher."

Joanne Jacobs thinks we should try and find out what works for teachers.

Science guru Steve Spangler highlights Dr. Science Mom along with some great science experiments.

Jane Goodwin gives some good advice over at Scheiss Weekly by admonishing everyone to mind their own business.

And finally, if you haven't read my post yet about giving up on happy, you can do so here.

Well that's it for this edition for the Education Buzz. Join us here again on Wednesday, Nov. 23 for the next edition. Please submit your posts by Saturday, Nov. 19 by 5 p.m. CDT. Use this handy dandy form for your submissions.
If you would like to host a carnival, let me know by emailing me at mybellringers@gmail.com.  Also, don't forget to let me know if you find any broken links or problems with this edition of the Ed Buzz. 

As always…
“I’ve got this feeling that there’s something that I missed…”
–Snow Patrol

And, if I did, my apologies.

1 comment:

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Thank you so much for including me. I am always honored to be a part of the Education Buzz!