Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to School & Howard the Shelter Cat

Monday marks the start of school for kids at my school.

I suppose I should have spent my entire Sunday in preparation for this momentous occasion. Instead, I spent only two hours trying to plan my lessons. OK, OK, OK, so maybe not even two hours.

I didn't get very far.

What Howard really thinks
Blame Howard the Shelter cat.

I was in my planning rhythm and just getting into that teaching zone when Howard the Shelter cat launched himself full throttle onto my desk spilling my glass of water onto the wood floor.

Once I picked that mess up, I settled back to plan–this time with a bottle of water. (I may not be able to save the planet, but at least, I can save my wood floors.)

I was just getting my teacher planning groove back when Howie positioned himself beneath my desk and started playing with my feet. As if I needed a distraction. As if.

After I finally managed to shoo Howard away, I settled once again into that planning thing. Just as that teacher planning mojo was kicking it into high gear, Howard sauntered over to the litter box.

Is there any doubt amongst us as to how Howard the Shelter cat feels about school starting back up? 

If he's not careful, I'm sending him to cat school.

*******

A few announcements… 

Mr. Teacher, my blogger friend over at Learn Me Good, is launching his new book, Learn Me Gooder, on Monday, August 22. If it's anything like his first book, I know you will love it. You can pick up a copy on Amazon and B&N in paperback and e-book formats. Check it out.

And don't forget that the Education Buzz–Life's a Carnival will appear Wednesday, August 24 and is being hosted over at I Want To Teach Forever.




No comments: