Sunday, April 18, 2010

Training, Bug Out Bob & Chicken Chuckers

This past week was somewhat of a blur. That’s what happens when you don’t have a weekend because you’re running around Austin at the state journalism convention with a rubber chicken. Not having a weekend throws my entire work week off.

I guess that’s OK though since not much happened last week except for training to administer the upcoming state’s TAKS test. This will probably make my superduper nice principal and all those superduper nice counselors cringe, but I must say I did a silent, inner dance of joy when the power point presentation didn't work at our little morning training session.

No worries, though. I’ve  seen the power point thingy like a gajillion times and am fairly certain I can recite all the key parts backwards, forwards and even while doing the hokey pokey and turning myself around.

Early in the week, I did unveil all the new toys I purchased at Toy Joy in Austin–-the Fraggle Rock puppet, the new Chinese yo-yos and my new stress reliever, Bug Out Bob. 

When I was showing off Bug Out Bob, someone in class said I was immature. (Really?)

It’s a good thing I’m not overly sensitive. I almost got out my Chicken Chucker and fired off a round of rubber chickens, but I decided to save that idea for another day. (And if you don’t have your very own Chicken Chucker, might I suggest you run out speedy quick and get one.)

So now the weekend has crept up on me, but thankfully I am home with my three dogs, some green tea and some gingersnaps.

Oh and as an added bonus, no teenagers in sight to call me “immature.” 

2 comments:

2teachersinlove said...

I need to get me a chicken chucker...

Jen said...

I once had a student question my lesson plan of coloring Easter bunnies - he wanted to learn. So I taught him that coloring was a great stress reliever, perhaps you tell him it's either stress out bob that gets it or him next time!