Saturday, November 28, 2009

2009 Edublog Nominations

Hideeho bloggeroos and readers… It’s that time of year again to nominate for the 2009 Edublog Awards. You can go here to get the skinny on how to make your nominations.  Nominations must be made by Dec. 8 and voting will then be up until Wednesday, Dec. 16 with the winners announced on Friday, Dec. 18. (You may recall I was nominated for best teacher blog last year.)

Well, without further rambling or minimal rambling, here are my nominations for the Edublog Awards… (drum roll pah-leese!)…

For Best Educational Tech Support blog… Assorted Stuff because he always posts interesting stuff that’s fun and easy to read. Even though I can be somewhat technologically challenged (OK, so maybe more than somewhat challenged) and even though I’m not a tech person, I enjoy reading his posts which range from web filtering to general educational news.

For Best Individual Blog… Of course, that has to be my blogger buddy over at the Scholastic Scribe.  She covers lots of fun things from Mr. Principal Man to her Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. What’s not to like about that?


Best Student Blog… That should go to MOO who is a college student studying photography. I, of course, am partial to that since I teach photojournalism.

Best elearning / corporate education blog… This category is the closest one I could find that fit my next nomination. I just love my pal, Sarah Ebner, over at SchoolGate, the London Times’ education site. She always has such interesting posts. It’s fun to see the similarities and differences between education here and across the pond. If this is the wrong category, I hope the contest organizers slide SchoolGate into the proper one.

Best Teacher Blog… Well, of course, since we all know I have an ego the size of a barn, I would nominate myself. But alas, the rules for this little contest prohibit that. Although there are quite a few teacher blogs I love, I’m going to have to nominate Mr. Teacher over at LearnMeGood because he also doesn’t take life too seriously. I love his sense of humor and his Darth Vader impression.  Plus, he was one of the few people who helped me when I first  stepped into the blogosphere and launched my site.


Best Resource Sharing blog… Hands down the nomination goes to Teach J. If you need help, this is a great first place to stop. If you can’t find the info there, I guarantee Robert will point you in the right direction.

That’s all the nominations I have. Remember be ready to vote!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I appreciate the support and I think this too is a great blog. I never miss it.

Tim said...

Thank you for the nomination. I'm very honored! I guess, since the nominations close tomorrow, I'd better get my act together fast. :-)