Wednesday, April 16, 2008

167th Carnival of Education

The 167th Carnival of Education, hosted by the Columbus Education Association, is out giving you the perfect taste of what’s going on in the EduSphere. My entry, “Crazy Stupid, St. Bernard & Jack,” was included, but you don’t have to go there to read it here. I briefly scanned through some of the other entries this morning and I think you’ll find quite a few good reads. But I’ve got to go now because it’s time to walk Jack, and if I don’t, well, we all know what disaster lurks just around the corner, and if you don’t know, well, you best read my last post…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're posting at 5:30 a.m. I'm impressed. I'm also a journalist-turned high school newspaper and yearbook adviser, like you! I'm even a DMN alum. Nancy K. gave me your link. She and I Toiled in the Trenches When the World Was Very Young. I don't think I knew you at the DMN, but you might remember my hubby from the DC bureau--Mark Nelson. I've got an Advisers Gone Wild blog (scholastic-scribe.blogspot.com), too, only in its nascent stages. One question: How do you keep Principal Man from getting on your case? One more thing--I'm a Dallas Native (graduated Hillcrest in 72)--where do you teach? I'd guess Duncanville, but South of Dallas could be anywhere!

askthehomediva said...

Brooke,
Send your email address to me and I'll answer more fully. I am extremely lucky that my principal and other administrators said they trust me with my blog. The tech guys actually are ecstatic I'm doing one. Keep in mind, though, that unlike a lot of people, I decided that my blog would only be funny… and focus on what I learned from students… so all in all, it's pretty positive.

Send me your email and I'll holla back atcha ;-)