Wednesday, October 17, 2007

All my bags are packed

“Well my bags are packed and I’m ready to go…”

Oh Jeez, if you didn’t want me rapping, you really don’t want me singing. Just a brief note to let you know I am headed north of the Red River and over yonder to the east coast for fun and frivolity to visit my BFF who teaches somewhere around Annapolis. I have not been back to the Washington, D.C. area in more than, ahem, 30 years. She moved there three years ago and has been unrelenting in badgering me to visit. Ok, Ok, Ok, so she's visited here a few times. All right, all right, so she's returned numerous times and pointed out that a true BFF would hop on a plane and come visit.

So I’m hopping on the plane to see her and I also get to see my former high school journalism teacher who is now retired. It’s going to be a great trip.

But anywho, I’ve got my check list… bags packed, camera, printed boarding pass, sunglasses, Mr. Teacher’s book to review on the plane, passport… oh, wait, I guess I don't need my passport since the Great Republic of Texas joined the union in 1845…

Well, I'm off.

No comments: