Of course, by all means, let’s blame it on the teacher–Mister Teacher that is for starting this meme and who tagged Edna Lee who then tagged me. I wasn’t going to play, but I didn’t want to fall out of grace with my new friend Edna Lee or get on Mister Teacher’s bad list (Did I mention he started this whole thing).
I’d hate to get “doesn’t play well with others” in my permanent file. Or worse yet, I didn’t want to have to add Edna Lee and Mister Teacher to the “Richie’s Haters Club,” and yes, I’m convinced there is a such a thing. I think there are five charter members and one who sort of waivers in and out.
And I thought to know me was to love me. Sigh.
Well, let’s get this show on the road…or at least on the path…
First things first:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was teaching at another school district advising the newspaper and teaching photojournalism (at that time running a black & white lab) and a Journalism I class. I loved it there, but left three years ago after causing and brouhaha and picking my hill to die on. And yes, it was worth it because it was the right thing to do. You can read about that here if you like.
2. What are my 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
- Go to the post office
- Work on the education carnival
- Write my substitute instruction (because I am headed to California on Thursday for F-U-N… Yippee!)
- Find my last to-do list
- Go out for Mexican food tonight in celebration of Cinco de Mayo.
- Ginger snaps & green tea
- Popcorn with Virgil’s root beer (the absolute best on the planet)
- Anything remotely resembling hor d’oeuvres.
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire
- Hire a personal trainer, masseuse and hair dresser who would be available 24/7
- Hire someone to clean my house.
- Buy a house on the beach at South Padre Island in the fab-u-lous Lone Star state and a house in Crested Butte, Colorado
- Give more money to the Student Press Law Center & the Padre Pio foundation
- Lack of patience
- Eating too much
- Holding grudges
- San Antonio, TX
- Fort Worth, TX
- Amarillo, TX
- Dallas, TX
- West Springfield, Virginia
- Life Guard
- Pool Manager
- Clix at Epic Adventures Are Often Uncomfortable because she also is a yearbook adviser, and oh, how I feel her pain.
- Tim Stahmer over at Assorted Stuff because his was one of the first blogs I ever read. I hope to someday make his list of a few good educators.
- Joanne Jacobs because she is the Queen of the EduSphere. Who hasn’t heard of her? What doesn’t she know? I’d like to have a latte with her and discuss stuff.
- The Scholastic Scribe because we just recently started corresponding and not only is she another high school journalism teacher, but she’s the high school journalism teacher at the high school I graduated from. Now, what are the odds of that? A gajillion to one? Now isn’t that all just too serendipitous?
- Old Andrew at Scenes from the Battleground because he can say things like “rubbish” and it’s a bit comforting (as well as disconcerting) that he faces similar challenges as an educator even though he’s an ocean away.