Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Giving It Up--Sort of

I let it happen again. I start thinking about things and then one thing lead to another, and well, we all know how I am about things.

It started out with the best intentions. For Lent, I decided to give up something different. In the past I gave up things like chocolate, lattes and such. Those were easy tasks and paled in comparison with this year's endeavor.



Let's just say I'm counting down the days until Easter.

Yep, this year I gave up negativity and criticism. For all you naysayers, I have had some good days.

And, in true transparency and disclosure, I've had some bad days.

And let's just say, in all honesty, that I've probably had more bad days than good. And, sadly, those bad days have been epic.

Epic as in epic failure.

Unfortunately, in this endeavor, it is true. I think I would have been infinitely more successful if I didn't count the bubble-above-my-head conversations.

You know the ones. The ones like, "Hey, you big fat stupidhead! Don't ya think a blinker is in order!: or "Boy, that comment was nine kinds of stupid!" Or, "Jeepers, that's dumber than a bag of cat hair."

Yeah, things like that.

Maybe next year, I should go back to giving up chocolate.



No comments: