Saturday, August 29, 2015

School's Back, Count Downs Begin & Twitches Abated

A full of week of school has gone by and all my teacher friends are still busy scurrying about as they try to rustle up extra textbooks… learn upwards of 100 new names… figure out how to juggle 39 kiddos in a classroom…or try and get back into the rhythm of bells and 20 minute lunches.

Some have already launched into the countdown towards the Labor Day holiday. Others, I suspect, have secretly begun the countdown towards next summer.

And then there are those who recently joined the retired teacher brigade who felt a pang or two when school started without them (as evident by their Facebook posts).

I, on the other hand, entering Year 3 in the no school zone remain pang-less. For the most part, I'm still enjoying my (ad)venture in real estate. Even though I supposedly am master of my own schedule, I find that is rarely true. Clients can be as needy as school children, but without the classroom walls, bell-to-bell schedule and big yellow buses.

Whatever first day of school twitches I get are easily remedied by going to help by daughter set up her classroom at the start of the school year. But if that doesn't do the trick, I find myself in the nearest office supply store standing in the back-to-school aisle.

After all, you can never have enough #2 pencils, can you?

No comments: