Monday, October 27, 2014

Twitter, Hootsuite & Counting Chickens

Twitter, Hootsuite, Analytics, Instagram, Linked In, Blah, Blah, Blah…Circles, Schmerkles… I admit I have no clue as to what and why I need to do whatever it is I'm suppose to do. I just trudge forth blindly. I feel like I'm the Helen Keller in a digital age–except this Helen Keller can't decipher the vocabulary or anything else for that matter.

So I know you will find it rather amusing that when I checked my FaceBook page after a several day absence, I was surprised to see in my notification bar that there were 76 page views of my Get Richie on Oprah and Save the Chicken page. (I bet you didn't even know I had one.)

Of course, I'm thrilled. But I'm also perplexed. I haven't done anything to that page in well over a year, if not two years.

I'm not even sure when the page got 184 likes. When I first created the page, I encouraged, bullied, cajoled everyone I knew to go and like that page. It was rather sad. Let's just say if I hadn't had a soft spot for The Chicken, he'd be running around exactly like a chicken with his… well, I'm sure you get the picture.

So we're back to my conundrum: I try to do something and follow all the instructions for promoting pages and gaining readership, and I got nothin'. Zilch. Zippo. Nadda.

I sit and do nothin', zilch, zippo, nadda… and my page views and likes double.

Hmmmm…  I'd ask you to go and like the Chicken page, but then I might spiral into some sort of negative numbers. Maybe I'll just keep sitting this one out and wait and see if Oprah calls me.

In the meantime, I'll give The Chicken a bit of a reprieve.




No comments: