Thursday, June 14, 2012

The "Wish Life Were A Beach" Edition of the Education Buzz: Life's A Carnival



Welcome to the "Wish Life Were A Beach" Edition of the Education Buzz: Life's A Carnival, an eclectic smattering of educational type stuff buzzing about the EduSphere.

But before we get this party started, indulge me a bit and let me provide a brief update about me, me, me. I must confess I've been sort of a slug lately. That whole yearbook, newspaper, teaching thing just sucked the life right out of me this school year. So much so that I just noticed that my last post was on May 24. So-o-o-o, for those of you who care, here's the short version of my year. It went something like this…

FIRST SEMESTER
 

SECOND SEMESTER


As you can see, all of that necessitated a trip to South Padre Island which brought me back to this…
Which we can all sigh now and say, thank heavens for that!

So put on your swim suit, don your sunglasses, slather on that sunscreen, fix yourself a drink, grab a bag of chips and some salsa and listen to those ocean waves while you peruse these end of the year posts and musings and rantings…

Old Andrew over at Scenes From the Battlefield ends the year with a Teacher's Oath --something we should all think about over the summer and re-read at the start of the next school year.

Philip over at Writing to Comprehend Rather Than to Express wrestles with whether teachers should provide a reality check or be a dream crusher.

Raise your hand if you ever had high school graduation duty or ever had to sit through a high school graduation ceremony. Yep, just like I thought, most of you have. So make sure you read Darren on Right on the Left Coast. You'll be nodding your head and saying a few, "Amens!" while reading his post.

You don't need one of those beach metal detectors to know what Pat over a Successful Teaching is talking about when she asks, "Do you have a virtual landfill or a collection of hidden treasures?" 

If the sunshine isn't enough to warm your heart, read "Sam Alito Thinks I'm Funny" from Sarah Garb over at Dead Class Pets.

And those you who are fans of Mr. Teacher over at Learn Me Good know about the recent addition to his family. See what his kiddos at school think about the baby's name.

If you didn't see who got tagged "it" in the annual yearbook spring delivery extravaganza, then check out my post "Words, Over Exposure & Not It!"

Joel over at Successful Teaching provides us  "10 Things I Have learned in 10 Years of Teaching"

Get a little loopy and see what NYC Educator has to say about keeping his group of kids for two years in a row in "Double, Double, Toil and Trouble (Sometimes)."

Before you go and pull some summer reading books, better read Jane Goodwin's That was Then and This, Sadly, is Now over at Scheiss Weekly.

Tim over at Assorted Stuff provides some interesting links of his own to read. So if you're yammering for more to read, check out some of his suggestions.

Education guru Joanne Jacobs discusses whether pre-k saves us money.

Well, that's about it for the "Wish Life Were A Beach" Edition of the Education Buzz: Life's A Carnival, but before you go back inside, go over to science guru Steve Spangler's site and read, "How to Say Thank You To That Special Teacher" and pat yourself on the back for a job well done and surviving the year.

Don't forget to join us again back here for the next edition of the Education Buzz: Life's A Carnival on Thursday, June 21. The submission deadline is Sunday, June 17. Use this handy, dandy form for your submissions.

If you find a broken link or have trouble with the submission form, please let me know at mybellringers@gmail.com. We can't blame Howard the Shelter Cat for that. He slept through the entire ordeal…


If you would like to host an edition of the Education Buzz, let me know that as well.

As always…
“I’ve got this feeling that there’s something that I missed…”
–Snow Patrol

And, if I did, my apologies.

4 comments:

Darren said...

Thanks for the link!

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

As always, you've done a wonderful job with the Buzz! Thank you for including my post.

Mister Teacher said...

Thanks for including my old post, as I've been blog-lame lately!

Melissa B. said...

We've only just now started our summers out here in FFX County. Yup, last Wednesday was check-out. Don't you LOVE our accelerated selves? I need to jump on this bandwagon. Save me a spot!