Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My blogging absence

Fans of this blog may have noticed the absence of recent posts. Part of this was due to spring break and my New York City trip. And, yes, we will post photos of the Rubber Chicken in New York as well as bring you up to speed on some of the funfilled things that occurred including conversations at the Museum of Modern Art that went something like this…

staffer… “Richie, how come some of that stuff is in here? Did you see those photographs?"

me…“Yes, dear.”

staffer… “Why are they in the museum? I took better photographs for your photography class than that but you gave me a bad grade…”

me… “Yes dear… I’m just mean…”

But all of that funfilled extravaganza will have to wait. On my way back from NYC, I received word that my father–a true patriot and family man–had lost his battle with cancer. Even though expected, knowing never dulls the ache of the loss. I have much more to say about this and will post more later. I can’t tell you how much I have appreciated the thoughts and prayers of friends who knew. May God bless all of you.

No comments: